Visit Narvik is cerified as Eco-Lighthouse, which gives us effective tools for us to make smarter and more profitable environmental choices.
Environmental policy for Visit Narvik
Visit Narvik aims to take responsibility for the environment through our work, as well as through our daily operations. Our environmental policy must be characterized by transparency, and our employees must know and identify themselves through the environmental policy.
Our aim is to reduce risks and exploit opportunities related to climate and the environment.
Visit Narvik takes social responsibility and commits to:
- Ensure that sustainability is anchored in everything we do and think.
- Emphasize the environment in agreements with our partners and member companies.
- Sort waste and reduce the total amount of waste.
- Collaborate with municipalities, county councils, businesses, partners and the local community, so that our environmental work matches the environmental goals for our society.
- Ensure clear communication internally and externally about our climate and environmental work.
- Ensure that our employees carry out their tasks in line with Visit Narvik's environmental policy and environmental targets.
- Have a pleasant and safe working environment through our own action plan for the working environment.
This policy will be reviewed and updated as necessary and at least annually, and was adopted by all employees in Visit Narvik 15 September 2022.
We have chosen to become certified as Eco-Lighthouse because we want to take responsibility for sustainability.
The aim is for us to document the annual improvement of our performance. The climate and environmental report is completed every year by 1 April, below you will find link to our reports: