From commemorating wartime resilience to celebrating cultural significance, these monuments offer a heartfelt glimpse into Narvik's past and present.
The Freedom Mounument
Depicting a slender woman holding a child high in her arm, symbolizing life emerging from chaos. A rosebud at the base of the statue represents growth. Sculpted by Finn Eriksen, the monument was unveiled at Narvik Town Square on June 30, 1956.
A Polish monument in Narvik dedicated to soldiers and sailors who fell during the 1940 battles. Unveiled in 1979 at Grom's Place park in Taraldsvik, this monument by Professor Bogdan Chmielewski commemorates the sunken Polish destroyer "Grom" and the brave sailors aboard.
The Navvy monument
The monument was raised to honor the labor of the workers who constructed the Ofot Line from Kiruna to Narvik. Unveiled by King Olav V on July 17, 1959, the statue, crafted by sculptor Trygve Thorsen, stands proudly in Gulbrandsons Park.